Club Race Series
Experience the fun and excitement of racing in our club-confined 5-race series
Our race series is designed to introduce members to cycle sport and develop racing skills. It is made up of road, grass track, mountain bike, time trial and cyclo-cross races, each held in traffic free locations.
Riders win points depending on where they finish in each race. The points are accumulated in a season long league table with trophies awarded at the end of the year.
The coaching sessions leading up to a each race will concentrate on the skills required for each discipline.
1. Open to first claim youth members of West Lothian Clarion only.
2. Riders must ride in their correct youth age category (see below).
3. Riders must not use a gear that exceeds the maximum gear for their age category. See gear restrictions for details.
4. A rider’s best 4 results will be used to calculate their final league position
5. If there is a tie at the end of the series the fifth race will be used to determine the result.
6. Riders must be safe, dangerous riding may lead to disqualification.
7. The series is an individual event. Riders must not ‘support’ other riders, (eg slowing the tempo, pacing, warning of attacks or other ‘team’ behaviour). But working together as individuals in a break is encouraged.
8.The races are held under British Cycling rules.
9. 20 points are awarded for first place down to 1 for 20th and all placings to last place.
10.The organiser’s decision is final
2015 RACE DATES
Race 1: MTB XC – NEW DATE
Saturday 24th June 6.30
Beecraigs Country Park
Race 2: MTB SKILLS – NEW DATE
Wednesday 27st May, 6.30pm
Beecraigs Country Park
Race 3: Crit Race
Wednesday 23rd August, 1pm
Oracle (Ingliston Showground)
Mass start road race over a series of laps using a short tarmac circuit
Disc brakes cannot be used
Race 4: Hill Climb TT
Wednesday 2rd September, 6.30pm
Race 5: CX
Saturday 31st October 9.00am
Linlithgow Leisure Centre
NON-SERIES OTHER RACES
Saturday 12th December, 10.00am
Linlitgow Lesiure Centre
End-of-year cyclo Cross race followed by awards giving after party
Kingscavil Hill Climb
Saturday 3rd October
2015 AGE CATEGORIES
•Youth E Under 8 born in 2007 or later
Until 31 December of year in which 8th birthday falls
Youth D Under 10 born in 2005 or 2006
From 1 January of year in which 9th birthday falls to 31 December of year in which 10th birthday falls
Youth C Under 12 born in 2003 or 2004
From 1 January of year in which 11th birthday falls to 31 December of year in which 12th birthday falls
Youth B Under 14 born in 2001 or 2002
From 1 January of year in which 13th birthday falls to 31 December of year in which 14th birthday falls (or upgraded from Youth C).
Youth A Under 16 born in 1999 or 2000
From 1 January of year in which 15th birthday falls to 31 December of year in which 16th birthday falls (or upgraded from Youth B).